Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Winners Rejoice at 2008 Oscars (fashion show).






The 2008 Oscar's took place on February 24, 2008. The media was sure to be present at this one as we witnessed what celebrities won what, what they wore and what they said. The Kodax Theater was filled with big smiles as "No Country For Old Men" seem to be the biggest hit at this event. It was an Academy award winner for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Supporting Actor and best Adapted Screen Play. I was quite appauled at the results. I saw this movie when it came out and I didn't really find it that incredible. "Juno" won best orginal screen play which I was very content with. I saw that movie and I found it very inspiring and touching, yet comical at the same time. Other movies that took home academy several awards were "Freeheld", "Atonement" and "There will be Blood." I cannot imagine how thrilled those involved in these movies must be. That is truly an amazing accomplishment to win an Oscar. What I find great about the Oscar's is that what people tend to care about most is who wears what to the event. The next day in the News you always hear criticism about the attire of the celebrities. It is just so irrelavant. The purpose of the Oscar's is to acknowledge award winning movies and congratulate them for their success throughout the year. It's not a fashion show, although that what many people make it out to be. . Some of the celebrities who I thought were the best dressed were as follows: Amy Adams, Heidi Klum and Renee Zellweger.Some of the worst dressed I felt were Ellen Page (way to plain), Hilary Swank (her dress was extremely odd and weird) and Kelly Preston (what an ugly color for a dress!) So, what did you think of the celebrity style for this Oscars?