Sunday, April 27, 2008

Don't under-estimate the power of a blog!


We live in a society today that is greatly influenced and overpowered by the media and pop culture. It’s not difficult to see that our world is extremely obsessed with celebrities and gossip. I cannot recall a time reading a newspaper or watching the news and not seeing anything about a famous star. Sadly, Celebrity news has become prevalent in the average American’s life. When Celebrities experience a scandal or a big Hollywood break up, we all need to know every detail about it. By the media making this juicy gossip so easily accessible, in some ways it has become quite addicting. As a result, I thought it would be very interesting to make my blog page reflect upon the interdependence of Celebrity life and American culture. Through maintaining a blog site, I feel that my writing skills have improved and gotten stronger. This is because writing became something I had to do several times a week in order to keep my page up to date. Furthermore, I feel I gain a sense of imagination and creativity. I aimed to make the design of my page flashy and attention grabbing. What I liked about it most in regards to writing, was the capability to write blogs in both an objective and subjective manner. I was able to discuss what was going on in Hollywood and add my own feelings and reactions towards it. I believe that writing blogs is a good method to practice writing and help you develop ideas more clearly. Furthermore, I felt it allowed us facilitate communication between the readers and ourselves by providing us with access to a larger audience platform. I enjoyed that fact that my site brought out my personality and my views. I discovered that Celebrity life does affect me too. After all, I created an entire blog site about it.The benefits of blog writing are endless. As a result of maintaining my “Glamour Gossip” blog site, I improved many of my skills and learned a lot about myself and my beliefs. I am grateful that I was capable of expressing myself. Blog writing is not only fun, but can impact your life tremendously. It lets your mind wander off into a world of ideas, expressions and beliefs. There’s no matter way to account for what you are thinking than to write it down. I hope my Blog site has been entertaining to its readers and after a great experience with my site I plan to continue to maintain it. I would encourage anyone to write a blog .I couldn’t sum up my feelings on blogging in any better way than restating this quote by Beth Kephart “Blogging is a treasure hunt for the imagination where one combines heart, soul and insights on a quest to write the illusive perfect post.” So upon up your mind, search through your imagination, and find the golden chest.