Sunday, March 9, 2008

"The grass isnt always greener are the other side."

I'm sure you have all heard the saying "the grass isnt always greener on the other side." This quote is actually very true and has great meaning to it. When we look at celebrities we see fame and fortune, beauty and perfection. I remember as a little girl I wanted to be just like the Spice Girls or Mariah Carey. I looked at them and idolized them. I wish I could live the life they live. They could buy whatever they want , go wherever they want and look like what ever they want. Everyone wants to be a celebrity. However, as I got older I realized being a famous star isn't as great as just living a normal average life like I do. After reading all the articles how celebrities such as Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears turn to drugs and alcohol abuse to ease their pain, makes me realize they are not better than your ordianary person. Living the life of a celebrity can be glamorous and fabulous but is also very stressful and allows you to have no personal life. The media and the public can become so overwhelming , that being astry from a normal lifestyle only forces you to hit rock bottom. I'm not saying every celebrity turns into failure, but I find it truly amazing how stars could be so incredibly famous and have everything they want but still be miserable. People would die to live the life they do, but yet they throw everything away that they have ever worked for. Look at Marykate and Ashely Olsen. They have been admired and love since the "Full House Days." They worked since they were babies to make it to the top. Now look at where they are today, sniffing cocaine and perging their food. I guess being in the publics eye all the time isn't the best thing. Everyone always wishes they were someone else or had what somebody else had. But maybe if we could just all be content with who we are and what we have we wouldn't fall into seirous issues like depression, drug abuse or eating disorders. In my opinion, I believe celebrities are too overpressured trying to put on an image and be someone their really not. You should be famous because you have a special talent that can inspire and entertain the public, not because you take vulgar pictures or do drugs. I feel as if celebrities put on a mask everyday to just be what they think the audience wants them to be. The only advice I can give is be yourself and love who you are. It's not about money or fame or status. Ironically, everyday middle class people seem to be living a happier life than those that have six houses, ten cars and all the fame and fortune in the world. Love accept who you are, because people should love you for the true you.