Sunday, March 16, 2008

Career Unraveled in Scandal


I'm sure we have all heard about the scandal with Governor Spitzer. I find it amazing how disgraceful a politician can be to society. Although I could really care less about Spitzer's personal life, it just makes him look like a horrible person in the eyes of the public. I mean if he wants to go out and spend $80,000 on a prostitute thats his business, but he shouldn't do it in a way where it will be revealed to the public and ultimately cause him his career. A very intelligent man who worked immensely hard to be in the position he is in today, has now just demolished all of his efforts and hard work because of his encounters with the black market. As far as I'm concerned, his career as a politician and a lawyer is destroyed for good, because the civilians now just see him as a dishonest, cheating, pig. What amazes me even more than his wife still standing by his side, is how his sex partner "Kristen", has benefitted from this scandal and is now making millions of dollars. Have u picked up the paper lately? The first ten pages of the newspaper are all pictures and stories about her. This really makes me wonder what is wrong with society. Not only is her life story and photos irrelavant, it also is sending off a bad signal to society, especially to young girls. It's telling them go ahead: be an illegal prostitute , sleep with a politician and make millions of dollars. What boggles my brain is how there are so many other important issues going on today and all everyone cares about is the Governors sex life. By no means am I defending him, but I just feel we need to let it go. We are dragging this issue out and making a "whore" a celebrity, like we really need anymore of those! I mean what happened , happened. The Governor knows what he did and he resigned. Just leave it at that. As for his little "mate", she needs to stop gaining all this publicity, fame and fortune for sleeping with an important figure of society. This whole story gives our government a negative image. Lastly, the way the media keeps exposing this whole thing makes it even worse and more intense.